The 2017 UC Merced Summer Bridge — First-Year Program is limited to 120 students. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- First-year student (not open to transfer students)
- Projected Pell or CA Dream Act eligibility. Contact Financial Aid if you have questions about your eligibility.
- Placement in MATH 005: Pre-Calculus, as determined by your Math Placement Exam score
- Open to all majors
To be considered for the 2017 Summer Bridge program, you must complete the following steps by the dates listed:
- No later than May 1, 2017: Submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) deposit
- No later than May 5, 2017:
- Submit your Summer Bridge - First-Year Application
- Submit your summer housing application. Applications open April 3, 2017. Visit housing.ucmerced.edu for more information.
- Tips for Submitting Your Housing Application:
- Select the "8 Week Session"
- Select the "Double Bedroom"
- Select the option to defer your housing deposit. Note: If you have paid the housing deposit and are not admitted to the program, it will be refunded.
- No later than May 15, 2017:
- Submit your MyCourseUpdate* (if you have received or anticipate receiving a grade of C or lower in your senior year of high school)
- Submit your 2016-17 FAFSA (in addition to submitting your 2017-18 FAFSA). Contact Financial Aid if you have questions.
- No later than May 22, 2017: Take the Math Placement Exam (MPEX)