2017 Summer Bridge — First-Year Program Dates and Deadlines
March 31, 2017: Summer Bridge — First-Year Application open. The 2017 UC Merced Summer Bridge- First Year Program is limited to 120 students. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- April 22, 2017: Register for New Student Orientation. Students applying for Summer Bridge are encouraged to register for the Saturday, July 22 orientation to accommodate potential program participation.
- No later than May 1, 2017
- Submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) deposit
- No later than May 5, 2017:
- Submit your Summer Bridge - First-Year Application
- Submit your summer housing application. Applications open April 3, 2017. Visit housing.ucmerced.edu for more information.
- Tips for Submitting Your Housing Application:
- Select the "8 Week Session"
- Select the "Double Bedroom"
- Select the option to defer your housing deposit. Note: If you have paid the housing deposit and are not admitted to the program, it will be refunded.
- No later than May 15, 2017: Submission of Summer Bridge Application Materials
- MyCourseUpdate* (if you have received or anticipate receiving a grade of C or lower in your senior year of high school)
- 2016-17 FAFSA (in addition to submitting your 2017-18 FAFSA). Contact Financial Aid if you have questions.
- May 22, 2017: Math Placement Exam (MPEX) deadline
June 1, 2017: Submit your 2017-2018 housing application (if planning to live on-campus for the academic year)
- May 29 through June 6: Summer Bridge — First-Year Program Admission Decisions
*To submit your MyCourseUpdate through your MyUCMerced Portal. Indicate you are a Summer Bridge applicant in the comments section.